Friday, June 8, 2012

A Time To Grow

I've always felt that people do most of their growing to adulthood over summer vacation as kids. Physically, people would come back to school in the fall with fresh hair cuts, healthy glows and revitalized spirits. Emotionally, we grew through the simultaneous ecstasy and heartbreak of summer flings. Mentally, we came that much closer to the understanding that nothing lasts forever, especially the things you most want to. Yes, summer vacation as a child is a time for much growth and learning. However, today, as Lily left for her first, last day of school, I realized the school year takes its toll, too! Take a look!

Lily's first day of school back in August:


Last day of school this morning:


My oh my how we've grown! Welcome, summer! I trust you'll treat my growing girl well.

No comments:

Post a Comment