Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer - All Of It (warning: super long post!)

Hey there! We're still here, I swear! I feel like as soon as the last school bell rang in June, my days and weeks all blurred into one and I spent every waking moment focusing on enjoying the free time. And enjoy it, I did! It has been a wonderful, crazy, eventful summer. So eventful, in fact, that instead of giving y'all the play-by-play (we'd be here for hours), I'll just give you a quick list and a picture or two of some highlights (you're welcome).

So, with a deep breath, here is a bit of the Lazar Family Summer, in no particular order (again, my days are all blurred together:

~We adopted a hedgehog. It's a long story, but her name is Petunia and she's adorable. She'll soon be making her new home at school as a class pet.

~ Jason has almost completed his first phase as a Rookie cop - Yay Daddy!

~ I joined the Junior League! Anyone want to buy a fabulous cookbook? We had our first community event a week ago and I am already in love with this wonderful organization!




~ Jason and I celebrated 3 years of happy married life! We returned to Henderson Beach in Destin and had a fantastic time. Many thanks to our parents for making small vacations possible!



~ Lily is officially potty trained! No more diapers here. Panties and potty dances abound!

~ I have mastered two new recipes this summer: banana bread muffins and a fabulous baked salmon. It took trials, tears, and a few calls for an emergency dinner-saving pizza, but we finally nailed 'em! Yum!

~ Baby's first X-Ray. Yep, Lily swallowed a penny. She was playing with blocks, and all of a sudden began to cough. I rush over and, sort of thinking aloud, asked, "what in the world did you just eat?" She swallowed hard and said, with a huge grin on her face, "Penny!" Cue Mommy's heart attack and frantic calls to Kiki and pediatrician. A check up and X-Ray later, we were told to wait for it to "pass." Poop patrol lasted about a week before we all agreed that it had indeed come out and we had simply missed it. Blegh. But aren't her insides lovely?


~ I started grad school! On my way to a Master's, y'all, courtesy of the University of West Florida. Woohoo! Go Argos!

~There are several other developments which came out of this summer, but I'll get to those later!

School is starting up again soon. Lily goes back next week and my middle schoolers start the 20th. The summer has really flown by! I'm going to spend this weekend enjoying every last second of this wonderful time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment