Monday, May 28, 2012

Goodness Gracious I Am So Sorry!


First off, HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! The Lazar family is incredibly grateful for the work and sacrifice all of our men and women in arms face each and every day. For those who have passed while serving this country, thank you.

We're still here, I swear! I have fallen so terribly behind, there is absolutely no excuse for it. Well actually, there are several excuses, but we won't get into it. That's tacky. I'm sorry, and here's a list of all the wonderful beautiful craziness that has gone down since the last post:

1. Lily took to the Terrible Twos like a titanic trout to tranquil water (I had too much fun writing that. I need a vacation).
2. St. Patrick's day weekend was a great opening number to Spring Break! Jason and I went down to Orlando for a beautiful wedding and spent the next few days in Disney World. Just us. Lily's time will come later :-)
3. Easter was fabulous.
4. Another wedding! My friend and coworker was married late April and Jason and I once again got to spend a night out all gussied up and looking fierce.
5. Spring recital has come and gone. The dancers I teach rocked out for the last time of the school year. I am so proud of them!
6. JASON WAS HIRED! Jason is now a serving officer, keeping this city safe just like he always dreamed of doing! Extremely proud family!
7. Jason's gradfather sadly passed away. Jason and I went with his parents to Virginia to say our goodbyes and visit with family. Daniel Lazar, Sr. was a kind and loving man who cherished his family. Jason and I loved his stories about growing up in Romania and fighting in the many battles that helped shape this country. While his passing was devastating, it did help us to reconnect with our family up north, and that was just lovely.
8. Uncle Will graduated high school! Last out of the nest, my baby bro is all grown up!
9. My first year of teaching is over in a week. My eighth grade students have graduated and I am thisclose to being able to call myself a "veteran" teacher. I've told them this, and I'll tell you now: they taught me more than I taught them. I am so grateful to them!

10. On a sadder note, our school lost its assistant principal on the night of the eighth grade graduation mass. The wonderful woman who had been in office even when I was a student at this school lost her battle with leukemia. She was a good and wonderful woman who lived her faith and inspired everyone around her to do the same. She was a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a friend, a teacher and a mentor. Our school will never be the same without her. We were all so lucky to have known her.

With the crazy school year behind us and the beautiful summer ahead, I hereby promise to keep this thing updated! Until September, at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment