Friday, November 12, 2010

Up And Out!


Dear Lily,

Today before I left for work I spoke to your Kiki about my concern for your lack of teeth. I was doubting that they would ever come. We have seen hints of teeth for months - just the tippy tops of one or two - but none had yet to breach the surface...until now.

In a matter of hours, you have willed your first pearly white into existence - I am not surprised. You have always done things your way in your own time- I fear you are far too much like your mother - and this is no exception. From now on, darling girl, I, to the best of my ability, will try to always remember that you need your time and space. Some people are easily molded and influenced- you are not. No amount of coaxing has ever gotten you to do something before you were ready; whether it be crawling, sleeping, even your first breath on this earth - all of it was achieved by your own will. I will remember that though I want many things for you I cannot force them into being. I will try to always remember that you will do as you see fit, and that the best I can do for you is be a set of arms to help you as you rise, catch you if you fall, hold you when you hurt, embrace you when you smile, and hopefully, let you go when you are ready. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. It will never happen again, darling girl.

Get ready for a world of toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, dentists, and one very special little fairy. You sure are growing up fast.

I love you. Always
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. I wish my parents had found an environmentally friendly way to relay their days activities to me when I was little. What a blessed child. Good luck with the preschool and walking stages.

    ReplyDelete