Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Taking Shots and Talking Turkey

We made it to two months! Kiera rocked her 2 month check up, measuring 23 inches and weighing 10lbs 14oz. The visit ended with some needles, bandaids and tears, leaving me wanting some special "shots" of my own. I suggested to the receptionist that a full-service bar would be a splendid idea for the waiting room. She disagreed.

OK back to Kiera. This little girl loves eating (she is mine, after all!) and gulps down 3-4oz every 2-3 hours. Her only fasting stretch comes at night, when she sleeps from about 9-2, and then is up every 2-3 hours again. Maybe she's prepping her tummy for holiday festivities?

Speaking of, we have quite the lineup! Our social calendar is filling up fast. I'm hosting a holiday party at the house this weekend, meaning (oh darn) I have to decorate the house early for Christmas in order to set the tone! Monday I'll have to shave back the Christmas décor a bit to prepare for Thanksgiving on Thursday. My first time hosting! Never thought I'd be so intimidated by a turkey...
After Thanksgiving, we are in a whirlwind until New Year. Kid parties, Grown Up parties, school parties, church parties, work parties - we are truly blessed!

Now, about those shots...

No comments:

Post a Comment