Monday, August 15, 2011

Back To School!

Today is a very big day. Today marks the 2nd year of marriage for Mommy and Daddy. Today is the first day of Mommy's pre-planning as a big girl grown up teacher. Today was our little girl's first day of school.

Wait.....what???? That's right, y'all! Lily started preschool today and had a positively marvelous time! Kinda. The morning was a bit rough, but I'm told she perked up throughout the day. What makes this place so great is that I get a worksheet with a run-down of all her daily activities. What time she ate, how much she ate, what she liked, what she didn't, how long she napped and even when she was checked and changed. While dropping her off this morning was crazy difficult, I can't tell you how relieved we all are to know that she is in such good hands during the day!


Backpack and lunch all packed and ready!



Yummy eggs and juice for breakfast!



"What exactly do you expect me to do with this?"


While today technically was her debut into the school system, I am trying to hold out on too much ceremony until the angel starts kindergarten. So, today, I did not cry, I did not worry about my little girl growing up too quickly, nor did I go crazy with the camera or label maker. I don't think any of us are truly ready for the "first day of school". So for now, we'll just look at this as if it were a two-year summer camp. OK? OK! Good luck to everyone this upcoming school year!



No comments:

Post a Comment