Wednesday, March 2, 2011

12 Month Shots

At 12 months and 5 days, Lily is a lengthy 29 inches and a whopping (ha!) 19 pounds and.........14ounces! That's right, just TWO ounces short of turning the car seat around to face the front! In order to help this process along, both Lily and Mommy (for moral support, of course) will engage in a high-calorie, high-fat diet for the next two days. We're talkin' whole milk and heavy cream, people. Maybe frosting RIGHT OUT OF THE CAN. There's nothing I wouldn't do for our sweet pea!

On a slightly less exciting note, today marked the first day of hard times at the good doctor's office. Up until now, Baby Girl has taken her shots like a new 21 year-old. Today, however, she did not take them so lightly. We had 4 sticks today, two on each precious little chunky thigh - and we still haven't heard the end of it! Wailing and shaking, I'm pretty sure this day will come up in my inevitable therapy sessions down the road. Definitely traumatizing for everyone present. Not a happy girl. The fear followed us home as Lily would finally calm down and nap, only to wake up shrieking like a banshee minutes later. Infant flash-backs are rough. However, we are going to watch Uncle Will play baseball with the JPII Panthers tomorrow - hopefully her overwhelming team spirit will cheer her up!


We go back to the doc in three months for two boosters. Next time, Lily and I have decided to share, and both take our shots together (again, for support - aren't I a stellar mama?) in an attempt to cut the tension for all involved. Just like she shares her Cheerios with Mowgli:


One For Lily



One For Mommy

Sharing is caring, y'all.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, that's awesome! I remember my brother getting his shots as a baby, and my mom tearing up over the fact that he was crying. I didn't get it at the time, but now that I'm older, I can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like gets worse as she gets older. Because you start to ask yourself, "when is she going to start remembering these things?" Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no memories prior to age three! So hopefully no time soon :)
    Miss you, lady!

    ReplyDelete