Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Leapin' Lily!


My oh my, Lily fans, November is turning out to be a stellar month for updates!

This morning, as usual, I woke to Lily's gentle call and went to greet her. What I found nearly stopped my heart. There, with the concentration of the finest athlete, was Lily standing and poised to swan dive right up and out of her crib with this crazy look in her eye like I get when I smell a funnel cake. My reaction? I think it's this kind of moment we hear about when a mother sees her child under a car and lifts the thing with one arm and uses the other to pull the baby to safety... 'cause it felt like that. I gave the most adorable shriek and swooped the little lady up into my arms before any harm was done.

Tonight, as I rocked her to sleep, I remembered the incident and my earlier vow to lower the crib mattress to a more secure setting. Pushing the thought aside (it's been a long day, y'all) through some mildly stretched logic I put her down and didn't think much of it. And then she woke up about thirty minutes later.

Answering her gentle call, I skipped upstairs and what do I see? The Leaping Lizard strikes again! Again, my precious little scream and about five minutes later I had a party with a wrench, some screws and a can-do attitude.

As I write this, the little lady is still trying to adjust - after all, I did interrupt her beauty sleep. At this point I don't even mind the tears - as long as they're sobbed from inside the crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment