Sunday, October 10, 2010

Outdoor Adventures!


Daddy left for Miami this weekend to cheer on those dreadfully tacky orange and green Hurricanes in their battle against the beloved FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY SEMINOLES - needless to say, the 'Noles won and I'll have a nice big heapin' helping of Humble Pie warm and waiting for when Daddy comes home tomorrow with his tail between his legs (I think I'm enjoying this just a little too much!)

Anyway, to pass a lovely Saturday afternoon, Lily and Mommy met up with Ms. Elise, Mr. Mike, Ms. Crystal, new friend, Brandon, and fan favorite, Braidan for an outdoor adventure at the Junior Museum (which is now going by a much more fancy-shmancy P.C name, but for those of us who grew up here in Tally Town, it will always be the "Junior Museum" - so there).

This place has served as such a large part of my childhood I was just giddy at the thought of sharing it with Lily. It's as close as Tally can get to its own zoo, featuring all kinds of native Florida wildlife and historical exhibits. We saw birds, wolves, bobcats, bears, deer, panthers and one very large, lazy, ugly, tacky GATOR (my oh my I sure am showing my school spirit in this post!) The grown-ups had a blast, and I think the kids enjoyed the trip, too!



Looking out onto the water


Deep conversation about life and love...












No comments:

Post a Comment