Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lily's Baptism



Dear Lily,

Today, darling girl, you were baptized. Today, you were welcomed into the Catholic community with open, loving arms. You were cleansed, anointed, and blessed - and looked fabulous doing so! Wearing the same baptismal gown your Aunt Brenna, Uncle William, 5 other cousins and I wore when we were your age, a bonnet that has served as a wedding handkerchief for both me and your Kiki, and a bib that belonged to your great-great grandfather, you completed your first Blessed Sacrament in vintage charm and style!

Darling girl, you are so very loved. Today, your Aunt Brenna, Uncle William, Daddy and I all stood around you and pledged our dedication to your well-being. We vowed responsibilities for your spiritual and moral development and promised to serve as your guides and protectors as you grow and become a citizen of this terrifying and wonderful world. I know I speak for everyone when I say that I have never felt more proud nor have I felt more worth as a human being as I felt today in assuming those privileges. You bring so much light to our lives. Today we vowed to use that light, along with God's loving help, to guide you through times good and bad, of celebration and trial, tears of joy and sorrow, times of confidence and uncertainty, as you live your beautiful life.

I love you, always.
Mommy





There were people taking at the beginning of the ceremony - Fr. Chris had to dole out the shame!


(Fairy) Godmama Brenna making sure your hair (all three strands) wasn't messed up!


Proud Godparents


Proud Parents


Proud Grandparents


You were fighting that bonnet something fierce. Oh well.
We Love You, Darling Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment